As a co-sponsor of the 2017 Lunar New Year Multi-cultural Charity Gala Jasmine is happy to announce that we had over 380 participants at the event and have raised a net income of $10,164.00 to support the charity and humanitarian projects of San Diego United Lions Club. Donations are on their way to The Monarch School of San Diego, Education for Humanity/Americans Helping Asian Children and American Chinese Cultural and Education Foundation to support the very much needed education of underprivileged children in order to provide a life changing opportunity for the children and their families. Thank you!
Due to the immediate needs of the people of Nepal affected by the 7.8 magnitude Nepal earthquake that hit their country recently, our event organizers have decided to re-direct our efforts from our previously planned event to support the Nepalese. Thank you for your support and understanding of the changes. Additional details regarding the event are to come! Please stay posted.
Some FACTS about the Nepal earthquake as of May 1, 2015:
- More than 6000 people have died due to the Nepal Earthquake.
- 18 climbers at the Mount Everest base camp died when the quake sparked an avalanche.
- 2.8 million Nepalese have been displaced.
- More than 3.5 million are estimated to be in need of food assistance according to the UN.
- UNICEF estimates 1.7 million children live in the worst-hit areas.
- The Nepal Red Cross Society said it had almost exhausted its relief stocks which were sufficient for 19,000 families.
- Nepal’s government said 130,033 houses had been destroyed, according to the UN.
Dear San Diegans,
As in past natural disasters where we raised funds for relief and rehabilitation, the San Diego Lions and Friends will again organize a fundraising dinner at Jasmine Seafood Restaurant on May 22, 2015 at six o’clock in the evening.
Aware of your humanitarian heart, we are appealing for you to have a table for your friends and/or organization for $450 per table for 10 persons or $50 per person. The management of Jasmine Seafood Restaurant has generously offered to donate 70% of the gross proceeds to the Nepal Earthquake Relief.
We believe that “To whom much is given, much is expected”. We hope that you are with us in giving significance to this biblical truism.
Our Nepalese friends are crying for help, let’s help them!
Jantima Danford Dr. Allen Chan Blesila Sanchez Trott
SDULC President Co-Chair, Nepal Earthquake Relief Co-Chair, Nepal Earthquake Relief
San Diego for Nepal Earthquake Relief
Date & Time
- Asian Pacific American Performances
- Opportunity Drawing Fundraiser
Purchase Online: http://jasmine.ticketleap.com/sdnepalrelief
Physical Tickets @ Jasmine Seafood Restaurant
$45 per person, $400 per table of 10 guests
Proceeds will go to Lions Club International, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with on-the-ground volunteers already involved in Nepal earthquake relief efforts. Learn More…
The management of Jasmine Seafood Restaurant is donating 70% of the gross proceeds to the Nepal Earthquake Relief.
Even if you can’t make it to the dinner, we are collecting donations!
Checks may be written out to: “LCIF” with “Nepal Earthquake Relief” written in the memo line.
c/o Dr. Chan
9871 Carmel Mountain Road
San Diego, CA 92129
phone: (858) 863-6888
phone: (858) 863-6888
NOTICE: CHANGE OF EVENT!
Due to the immediate needs of the people of Nepal affected by the 7.8 magnitude Nepal earthquake that hit their country recently, our event organizers have decided to re-direct our funds and efforts to support the Nepalese. Thank you for your support and understanding of the changes. Please see our NEW EVENT POST.
You are cordially invited to participate in our 2nd Annual Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Celebration:
- To recognize the achievements and contributions of API Americans to the American story,
- To showcase the vibrant culture of APIs,
- To pay tribute to the contributions made by a local outstanding API individual or organization in the area of preservation and promotion of the best of the API cultural heritage, making it part of the Great American Culture, and
- To present the 2015 Asian Pacific American Cultural & Humanitarian Award and $1,000 to an outstanding individual or organization that has a long history of humanitarian efforts for the less fortunate people around the globe as well as preserving and promoting of the best of API culture.
Friday, May 22, 2015
Jasmine Seafood Restaurant
4609 Convoy Street
San Diego, CA 92111
5:30 pm – Registration and Networking for Success
6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
6-course Multi-Ethnic Gourmet Dinner
Humanitarian Award Presentation
Ethnic Attire highly encouraged!
Seating is Limited, so buy early!
$400/table of ten and $45 per person. Sales end 5:00 pm Monday, May 15, 2015
Tickets available at http://jasmine.ticketleap.com/APAHGALA2015
or at Jasmine Seafood Restaurant
Proceeds go to 501(c)3 non-profits San Diego Center for the Blind, Americans Helping Asian Children and Wounded, Injured and Ill Music Therapy for Veterans on behalf of San Diego’s API Community.
Event organized by San Diego United Lions Club and Beyond Productions
Nominees for Humanitarian Award may APPLY NOW. Applications due by end of May 15, 2015.
For more information, please contact email@example.com,
Or call: (858) 863-6888
CBS 8 News visits Jasmine to encourage San Diegans to join in on the Lunar New Year celebrations!
See the video!
Ring in the Chinese New Year with traditional lion dancing, drumming, lucky red envelopes and dim sum with family and friends! The festivities last two weeks! Come early to get something in your belly before the performers begin their show!
Thursday…. 2/19/2015….. 11:30 am
Thursday…. 2/19/2015….. 7:00 pm
Saturday…. 2/21/2015…. 10:30 am
Saturday…. 2/21/2015…. 6:30 pm
Sunday…. 2/22/2015…. 10:30 am
Sunday…. 2/22/2015…. 6:30 pm
Saturday…. 2/28/2015…. 10:30 am
Saturday…. 2/28/2015…. 6:30 pm
Sunday…. 3/01/2015…. 10:30 am
Shows are free! Bring your lucky red envelopes with a couple of dollars inside to feed the lions. This will bring you good luck! (Red envelopes are available for free at your major bank. Red envelope money goes to White Dragon Martial Arts and their students.)